Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Holi Festival



Ahhh the Holi festival. What a fun time that was! I had never done something like it before, and let me tell you, it was the best! I mean, what's more fun than throwing colored powder on your friends? It was a great way for us as a student body (at CBU) to become more culturally aware. Here are a couple of things that I learned from this experience.

#1- I love learning about other cultures. Being someone that comes from two cultures, I love getting to to experience other cultural rituals and customs. That includes food of course :)
#2- Make sure you get a darker colored powder such as blue, purple, or pink. The yellow and orange didn't show up so well.
#3- Don't run around with your mouth open. I made that mistake & was coughing up some powder later on.... haha ;)
#4- Wear white!! If you show up with a dark colored shirt the colors won't pop!
#5- Hide from your friends.... they'll get you in the face (at least my friends will).
#6- Have a camera! Capture before and after shots, its so much fun!
#7- Don't wash your clothes with other clothes (that don't have the powder on it already), it will bleed.
#8- Don't throw all your powder at once... you'll be left with no amo to attack.
#9 Bollywood is amazing! If you have a chance to watch it, do so!


I am so thankful that my school put these things together for us. Hinduism is practiced in part of the 10/40 window which is the window that is un-reached (meaning that the gospel has not been heard).
I realized that I needed to pray for the missionaries that are out there bringing the gospel in such a confused and lost land, and also continue to support them financially. And who knows? Maybe one day God will call me or one of my close friends to the 10/40 window. We must be educated & PRAY!


Here are some aftermath pictures.. 




No comments:

Post a Comment